Full time Retail Assistant wanted join our team at Thorngrove Garden Centre. 40 hours per week. £10.50 per hour. 32 days holiday. Full Christmas Shut Down.
Garden Centre & EPOS management experience or similar required.
|Job Role:||Retail Assistant|
|Reports to:||Retail Manager|
|Remuneration & Rewards Package||
|Working Days/Hours:||40 hrs. over 5 days, to include weekend and Bank Holiday working on a rota|
|Type of Contract:
|Full Time||||Part Time||Zero Hours|
|Salaried||Hourly Paid||TTO-Term Time Only|
|Notice Period: after probation period||One Month|
|Main purpose of job role:||Day to Day Retail Operations in the Garden Centre|
|Key tasks:||• Ensuring all customers are acknowledged and provided with attentive and courteous service at all times; • Serving customers, processing purchases, and taking payments • Cashing up • Maintaining a safe, clean, and organised work environment;
• Use of point of sale software (IPOS) and other IT skills
• Assisting in managing stock on EPOS and on our integrated Ecommerce.
• Processing online orders, packing and arranging delivery via onsite delivery driver or courier.
• Restocking the shop area with new plants and returning unsold plants to the nursery
• Helping ensure that plants are correctly priced and labelled
• Working weekends as per rota
• Trade show assistance • Keeping the Garden Centre area tidy and well maintained, including the maintenance of the plants we stock, e.g. watering, etc;
• Working with work experience students and day service users
|Safeguarding:||Employ My Ability is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants will be required to undergo child protections/adult safeguarding screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers, and an enhanced DBS check.|
|Equality & Diversity:||Employ My Ability is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Employ My Ability is a Disability Confident employer.
|Data Protection:||All documentation relating to applicants will be treated confidentially in accordance with the Data Protection Act.|
|Interview Date(s):||Weeks commencing 14th and 21st February, 2022|
HOW TO APPLY
Send your application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org