Retail Assistant – Part-Time, Gillingham
Join our vibrant team at Thorngrove Garden Centre and become part a unique garden centre with community at its heart.
Job Role: Retail Assistant
Location: Thorngrove Garden Centre
Working Hours: 16/week – to include weekend working on rota
Contract Type: Permanent/Hourly Paid Contract
Remuneration & Rewards Package
- £5.60-9.90 /hour
- 32 days annual holiday (inclusive of Bank Holidays) – pro-rata for part-time staff. NB. This role requires some Bank Holiday working.
- Subsidised Private Healthcare (AXA)
Main purpose of job role:
To assist in the smooth operation and running of the Thorngrove Garden Centre shop.
- Keeping the Garden Centre area tidy and well maintained, including the maintenance of the plants we stock, e.g. watering, etc;
- Ensuring all customers are acknowledged and provided with attentive and courteous service at all times;
- Working alongside other shop staff, students and volunteers;
- Selling and managing stock and the department promotions;
- To ensure all health and safety procedures are adhered to;
- Maintain a safe, clean, and organized work environment;
- Use point of sale software (IPOS), IT skills, and be detailed when inputting data and ringing up sales.
Any other reasonable duties/management requests
Employ My Ability is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants will be required to undergo child protections/adult safeguarding screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers, and an enhanced DBS check.
Equality & Diversity:
Employ My Ability is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. Employ My Ability is a Disability Confident employer.
All documentation relating to applicants will be treated confidentially in accordance with the Data Protection Act.
Closing Date: Mid-March
Interview Date(s): TBC
Reference ID: TG-Retail Asst.
Part-time hours: 16 per week
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Pay: £5.60-9.90 per hour
HOW TO APPLY
Send your application via email to email@example.com
If you a require a physical application form, please email with your address and we will send you one via post