Learning Support Workers - Moreton & Gillingham
Due to the continued expansion at EMA and our education provision, we’ve created three new positions for Learning Support Workers to join our brilliant team!
Job Role: Learning Support Workers
Location: The Walled Garden, Moreton, and Thorngrove Garden Centre, Gillingham
Working Hours: 40 hours/week, TERM TIME ONLY
Remuneration & Rewards Package:
- £ 15,300.22/annum
- 32 days annual holiday (inclusive of bank holidays)
- Subsidised Private healthcare (AXA)
Main purpose of job role: To enhance and support the vocational learning, training and qualification needs of students with an SEN or SEND on an individual and small group basis.
- To develop students’ personal and work skills in readiness for the workplace
- To provide support and guidance within a range of different vocational training areas
- To maintain positive relationships with tutors to establish successful vocational work training opportunities
- To deliver and assess a range of Learning Objectives and Assessment Criteria set by the units linked to an individual students’ qualification pathway
- To support students to document, record and reflect upon their achievements alongside evidencing the requirements for qualification assessment
- To record and provide written reports on students’ progress
- Act as a role model within the variety of vocational training areas to enable students the best understanding of each job role
- Support and guide students to follow designed and planned IEP’s, Behaviour Management Strategies, SALT, Sensory Diet and Physiotherapy programmes
- To demonstrate personal commitment to equality to ensure we develop a community which celebrates and values diversity
- To promote and adhere to the Employ My Ability’s Health and Safety at Work policy and procedures
- To fulfil requirements of Employ My Ability’s appraisal and support and development systems, supporting effective practice
- To carry out such other duties as may be required by the Education Department and Employ My Ability Partners
Employ My Ability is committed to safeguarding and promotion the welfare of young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants will be required to undergo child protections/adult safeguarding screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers, and an enhanced DBS check.
Equality & Diversity:
Employ My Ability is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. Employ My Ability is a Disability Confident employer.
All documentation relating to applicants will be treated confidentially in accordance with the Data Protection Act.
Week commencing 27/09/2021