Tutor - Thorngrove Garden Centre, Gillingham
Job Role: Tutor
Location: Thorngrove, Gillingham
Working Hours: Full Time Role available
Remuneration & Rewards Package
£ 26,650 /annum
32 days annual holiday (inclusive of Bank Holidays
Main purpose of Job:
Main purpose of job role: To promote and facilitate the learning and personal development of the students to whom you are assigned, to enable him/her to make best use of the educational opportunities available to them.
Minimum of the Level 4 in Education & Training but preferably the Level 5 Diploma in Education & Training or equivalent of. For this role, we are looking for a candidate to lead on Math and IT skills within the Team.
- To establish supportive relationships with the students
- To create effective schemes of work and lessons plans for their areas of teaching
- Complete progress reports for their named students
- Complete ILP’s with students linked to EHCP outcomes to support students to achieve their targets
- Monitor individual and group responses to learning activities and, where
- appropriate, modify or adapt the activities to achieve the intended learning outcomes.
- To give positive encouragement, feedback and praise to reinforce and
- sustain the student’s efforts and develop self-reliance and self-esteem
- Support students in vocational work areas
- Follow support guidance put in place by relevant professionals (SALT, ED PSYCH, OT etc)
- Chair morning and end of day meeting as required
- Be a key holder for EMA and open / close as required
- To mark students work
- To support the student in developing social skills both in and out of the Classroom
- To support the use of ICT in learning activities and with specific programmes to support learning.
- To provide regular feedback on the pupil’s learning and behaviour to the
- Senior Management Team, including feedback on the effectiveness of the behaviour strategies adopted
- Carry out and report on systematic observations of students to gather evidence of their knowledge and understanding
- When working with a group of students, understand and use group dynamics to promote group effectiveness and support group and individual performance, use a detailed group profile to reflect this
- To know and always apply all EMA policies and procedures
- Develop a relationship to foster links between home and EMA, and to keep EMA informed of relevant information
- To be aware of confidential issues linked to home/student/tutor/EMA
- To lead on annual reviews of the students’ progress as appropriate
- To comply with legal and organisational requirements for maintaining the
- Health, safety and security of yourself and others in the learning environment
- To take part in training activities offered by EMA to further knowledge and skills of working with young people with specific learning difficulties
- To support at breaks and lunchtimes as necessary
- To plan and deliver student educational visits
- To plan and manage examination periods including mock exams
- To internally verify (IV) assessments as required, completing the OSCR as necessary
- To liaise with the external verifier (EV) and ensure work is sent off in a timely manner
- Ensure school pod is kept up to date
- Manage learning support workers
- Planning and delivering training days for education team
- Following the diversity calendar ensuring its embedded across EMA
- To carry out the above duties in accordance with the Equal Opportunities Policy.
Employ My Ability is committed to safeguarding and promotion the welfare of young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants will be required to undergo child protections/adult safeguarding screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers, and an enhanced DBS check.
Equality & Diversity:
Employ My Ability is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. Employ My Ability is a Disability Confident employer.
All documentation relating to applicants will be treated confidentially in accordance with the Data Protection Act.
Closing Date: ASAP
Interview Date(s): Wk. commencing 26/07/2021 or Wk. commencing 09/08/2021
Reference ID: Tutor TG
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £26,650.00 per year
- Bike to work scheme
- Employee discount
- On-site parking
- 8 hour shift
Send your application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org